Have you found yourself walking into the YCARS shack and feeling a little overwhelmed? Do you have questions such as:
- How do I log into the computers and use them?
- How do I use digital modes from the shack?
- How do I connect the right antenna to the right radio?
- How do I use these latest technology rigs?
- How do I use the amp?
- What about logging?
- Should I use K4YTZ or my personal callsign?
- What do I need to be concerned with to ensure I don’t damage any equipment?
The shack is there for YCARS members to use. Get on the air. Make contacts. Leverage the beams. Get on bands you don’t have antennas for at home.
Join us on Thursday, November 14, at 6:30pm for a shack training session! This is an hour prior to the November monthly business meeting. The goal is to ensure that YOU feel comfortable walking into the shack, sitting down at a station, and have the ability to operate comfortably and safely. The shack is a fantastic asset that is the best club shack in the area! We want you to feel comfortable using it!